Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Artist I love! Junko Mizuno

Continuing what I started last Friday....this time someone I love! Junko Mizuno is a Japanese artist known for her cute yet creepy style. I guess we would call it gothic kawaii. Gothic Kawaii is a mixture of super cute and a lil horror mixed in. Think of Power Puff girls gone goth. She is 37 years old and currently lives in Japan. I have two tattoos from her illustrated work called Hell Babies. I hope you enjoy checking out some of my favorites from her.

Here is her latest work called Magical Serpent Girl. She will have 100 signed prints available for purchase here and all proceeds go to help Japan.



This cute lil witch I have tattooed on my arm.

I love all the images in this book. For me, this book is where my love for her work started. I hope someday to catch one of her exhibits and tell her how much I adore her.

No comments: