Wednesday, May 18, 2011

40 years has taught me a few things

Even as I say 40 it's hard to believe I am here. Seems like just yesterday I was dreading turning 30 and here it is ten years later. Well I must say 40 feels pretty darn good. I finally understand the term, you are only as old as you feel. Here are a few things I have learned and I continue to learn.

1) Love will not cure all things, but it's important to keep on loving no matter how many times your heart is broken or betrayed.
2) Speak your mind even if your opinion is not popular.
3) Put time and effort into your relationships, it's the only way they will grow and continue to.
4) Be creative even when you think you are not.
5) Take good care of your body it's the only place you have to live.
6) Life is a journey of ups and downs embrace both.
7) Listen to that little voice that tells you something just ain't right, it will never lie.
8) Be grateful for what you have not sad for what you do not.
9) Animals make great companions.
10) Never be so stuck in your beliefs that when you have a change of heart you are afraid to voice it.
11) Get outside and appreciate nature because it's beautiful!
12) Women need to stick together!
13) Try and have people in your life that you look up to, role models are important.

I have always been motivated and inspired by this amazing woman Tori Amos.  She has overcome a lot in her life and she inspires me to keep on keeping on.  This is one of my favorite songs, I love you Tori!






"Be the change you want to see in the world." I am trying, I really am trying.

What are some of the things life has taught you?  Who are some women who inspire you?

2 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

I have learned...

* Learn to love yourself, REALLY, be your own best friend.

* Always have your own bank account.

* Nobody cares about your haircut, but you!

* Perspective in all things - is anyone going to die from this? No? Then it's not a big deal.

* Don't squat with your spurs on.

Rock on K - 41 is even better! Happy Birthday!

Sarah xxx

Krista said...

These are some great additions, especially the squatting with spurs on :)

It's not my birthday but I have celebrated two of my friend's this week so I guess it's been on my mind. I am a December baby :)