Friday, May 13, 2011

Another Exciting Project

My husband and I have been living in our 1969 split level home for about 3 years now. When we bought it, it needed a lot of work. Slowly and little by little we have fixed it up. This year my two projects are the backyard (as I already mentioned) and decorating my spare bedroom. So far I have painted the walls a very light misty green. The ceiling I painted powder blue and added billowy clouds. My curtains are purple and turquoise and I have a large silver and white sparkly area rug in there.

Things I need to add are;
1) A bed with a cute head board.
2) A dresser.
3) A little night stand.

I want the room to feel light and airy and I am leaning towards a more shabby chic look. Here are some items I could see in that room.

I love this bed found at Vintage Chic Furniture...but I kinda also like this too;

For a dresser this one I love but it might be a bit too busy for the room.
Found at Tracey's Fancy

I could see this hanging in there
Made by Lindy Bones.

Maybe hang this on the door :)
Made by Kitty Kat Dance Toys

2 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

Love all of the above with some leopard print and a huge vintage patchwork quilt and some mad cushions made from vintage teatowels from around the world! Oh, and some gingham, because EVERY room needs gingham! And when shall I book my flights because I am inviting myself over to play!

Sarah xxx

VainGlorySinner said...

I love the Kewpie doll wreath! Amazing!

Me and my boyfriend moved into our house last year and we have completely renovated the bedroom so far! In July we shall be starting on the living room which I'm really looking forward to. We're going for a Victorian theme as it's quite an old house dating from around 1877, I think it'll be quite fitting to give it the classic look from that era.

I absolutely love finding inspiration from around the internet to put into my inspiration folder. The possibilities are endless.

I love the idea of clouds on the ceiling.. very dreamy! xxx