Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Backyard Day One

Yesterday was the day they began work on the backyard. Three guys, some heavy equipment and no rain made for a pretty productive day. I plan on taking pictures each day they finish up so we can watch the transformation together. This morning as I looked out into the bare yard, morning coffee in hand, I noticed 4 squirrels, 2 blue birds, a few crows and a bunch a little baby birds, I swear they are all thinking what the f*** happened to our house. Sorry guys I'm taking back my yard. Everything green you see in the before pictures are weeds (can you imagine how tall they are by the end of summer? Not this year:)





Can you see Zoe back there. She is a fan of tall grass :)

Now this is what it looked like yesterday.





I moved these from the front yard a few years back and they will be used to make nice walkway.

Here is the heavy equipment

Wow this is an ugly post. I can't end it like this. Here is a sweet flower basket I look forward to getting every year.

3 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

Awesome - I can't wait to see the progress! I LOVE a makeover.

Sarah xxx

Brian said...

I'm at a loss for our backyard. Now that the swingset is gone and the kids are growing I'm not sure what to do with it. Maybe yours will inspire me.

Krista said...

I was just told it should be done by Friday!!!!!!