Thursday, May 19, 2011

Do it myself Shabby Chic

Last weekend I took a drive out into the country to check out a Shabby Chic store, Shabby shack was more like it. Turned out they had a few cute pieces priced way too high mixed in with TJ Max treasury, good thing the drive was beautiful. It got me thinking, maybe I could paint and refinish my own shabby chic bedroom furniture. I found this great blog called My Romantic Home with this awesome step by step post on furniture refinishing. Look at her amazing before and afters.



I just love this dresser, so unique.

I'm pretty sure I could do this. I think I will start hitting garage sales and Craig's list for furniture I can paint. Wish me luck.

What projects are you working on?

3 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

Can't wait to see your gorgeous projects. I really like that dresser.

I alwways have twenty projects on the go - crochet, sewing, hats, gardening, furniture restoration... at the moment I am making a Sgt Pepper jacket... I don't know why. I just decided that I needed one!

Sarah xxx

Sarah xxx

Kathi said...

I'd like to do this to Brianna's furniture, but I'm afraid to try because there are so many nooks that might get missed. It would be fun to try though.

VainGlorySinner said...

I absolutely love furniture makeover blogs! You might already be subscribed to her but Maple & Magnolia is one of my favourite and I'm totally jealous of her new house! Check her out http://mapleandmagnolia.com/ xxx