Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers day to my Dad's

How did I get so lucky to have two Dad's who love me bunches?  Pretty darn lucky for sure.  Sometimes I wonder what if?  My Dad who birthed me is gay and I am so thankful that while he was realizing that he gave the straight life a go, for if he had not I would not be here, and let's be clear on this folks, I AM HAPPY TO BE ALIVE!  His nick name is Papa Smurf and he has taught me the importance of accepting people as they are, and also to just be myself.



My step Dad Jim is the man I really grew up with.  He raised three kids before taking on my sister and I and for that alone he is amazing.  He taught me many things.  He always encouraged my need to be creative and was so patient with me over the years.  No matter what happened I knew he loved me.  I love our intellectual conversations and we both share a real love for health and physical activity.    Here are a few pictures of him and the rest he took. He is an amazing photography and I am learning a lot from him.



I don't even know if he is 21 here, but I love this shot of him in the U.S. Navy.



Here he is with my Mom on a recent get away.


Kind of a running picture we take blowing kisses.  That's my baby sister.


I love this picture he took of my Mom.  He is pretty amazing at portraits.


and taking pictures of flowers....



and landscapes too.

Happy Father's Day Dad's!  Thanks for loving me, all the rest is gravy!

2 comments:

OP SHOP MAMA said...

Lovely post about your Dads.. They sure look like lovely guys.. lucky you!

Helga! said...

Two Dads!? That's just greedy!!!!
It sure is gravy,baby!!! xxx