Friday, June 24, 2011

Maui and Mermaids on my mind

In September Chris and I are going to Maui for a week.  It will be his first time and my fourth.  I love it there.  It's one of the few places I can go and totally relax.  The ocean breeze, clear blue waters full of creatures, and abundance of yummy fish and fruit make it an all around paradise for me.  Growing up in San Diego CA I always thought we had the best beaches~ not even close.

All of these things remind me I'll be in Maui in a few months :) Ah.


Made by Mademoiselle Mermaid She really has some lovely dresses.



These are so beautiful and I love the colors.  These are made by Riri Creations.


Painting done by one of my favorite artists William Waterhouse, this adorable bohemian bag made by Baba Studio.



Wire wrapping is so dainty and looks like it takes so much time and patience.  I love this seahorse by Palmera.


I have a real soft spot when it comes to Mermaids, especially ones with red hair, maybe I was one in another life, wouldn't that be nice :)  This is an original painting by A Wing and A Prayer.  I want it it!


One of my favorite artists on Etsy is Pinky Toast and I love her mermaid!


Mermaid scale stilettos!!! Made by  Taylor Says, I could never walk in them but I like!!!



Could someone please make me a grown up size dress of my favorite mermaid Ariel.  Rosey Threads has a ton of cute dresses but none that would fit me :(


Adorable switchplate made by Mermaid in Cali.



I love these one of a kind faeries made by Dark Faerie Creations.  This is her first mermaid!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  I'll be busy with kitty.

7 comments:

Danielleorama said...

Holy moly, so much awesome stuff, that seaglass seahorse is crazy D: and I hope there are hooks that match the colors of my bathroom!

This post made me think of this dress. I would buy it if i though it would be at all flattering on me :D
http://www.modcloth.com/Womens/Dresses/-Across-the-Pond-Dress

Krista said...

That dress is super mermaid cute but I don't know what body would look good in that shape dress. It's one of those gotta try it for sure.

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

I love mermaids...so beautiful! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh that first pic is gorgeous! I love Flight of the Conchords mermaid song. Actually I love all of their songs. Sarah xxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh wow you're going to Maui!! Lucky you, I love the pink-haired fairy (actually every pic is gorgeous) and yes, why don't they make Ariel dresses in lady sizes? I'm always stopping little girls in the street with their mamas and saying "oh my, I LOVE your skirt - did they have my size?". At which point they look me up and down and say "No" and the mama and I have a giggle:))) xo

Danielleorama said...

yeah, it's a sack for sure :x a skirt version would be awesome...

Shaffelnook said...

Love love LOVE the Palmera seahorse! And the mermaid picture. My 4 year old daughter is bonkers about mermaids! x