Monday, July 11, 2011

Entitlement benefits WTF?!?!?!

I want to apologize ahead of time if I offend anyone, that is not my intention.  I try and keep my blog posts positive because let's face it, life can suck at times, and who wants to read angry rants.  However, I can't keep this bottled up anymore, I feel like I am going to explode.

In order to understand my perspective I want to tell you a little bit about myself.  Like most people I have been working since I was 15 years old.  I went to college, got a four year degree that took six to finish, and I have been working ever since.  I've had a ton of different jobs, retail slavery, then retail management. I have sold everything from candles and jewelry to dildos and cameras.  I have always worked in the private sector.  I have spent the last 13 years working for an independent distributor selling high end video equipment. My pay structure is commission only.  I get no paid sick days, no paid vacation, no raises, and decent medical coverage that I pay part of.  If I am not selling I am not making any money.  I bust my ass most days and what I put into my job I get back in a paycheck.

I am repulsed at today's headlines, "Liberals warn Obama against cutting entitlement benefits!"  ENTITLEMENT really, the only thing human beings are entitled to is life.  The minute you are born you are entitled to carve out a life anyway you see fit.  Beyond that, earn it!  Between the whining of civil servants upset about a cut in benefits or a skipped raise and an aging nation complaining about pensions being cut and benefits being cut I want to VOMIT!!!!!!  Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security...wah wah wah, everybody better learn how to live with a little bit less and be happy.  Not only is our economy in trouble but the world economy is too and we must all make adjustments.

I have never wanted the government to take care of me, I don't want them saving my money for me, or spending it frivolously.  I just want to live my life, save for my retirement and be free of big government.  I know the problem is much bigger than I am willing to get into in this post, but the bottom line for me is I am tired of hearing people complain about what they are entitled too.  If you are a state or federal employee and you feel like you are getting screwed, get another job!  If you are a retiree and worried about cuts to your benefits, you should have saved more and taken better care of yourself.  If you are a terrible employee and your union keeps you from getting fired shame on them! I know there are exceptions to everything and I don't want to sound heartless, but for fuck's sake come on!

Maybe if we all took better care of ourselves and each other we would not look to these organizations to do it for us.  Help your friends and family when they need it, be a part of your community, share with those you love and heck even with strangers, let's take better care of each other so we don't expect it from the government, our boss, or a union.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Vix said...

Well said!
It drives me mad, people are always far to ready to blame, whinge and complain but if everyonr took a little time to look in on a neighbour or help a stranger the world would be a much better place.
The Uk is lucky to have a wonderful National Health Service, I'd be in a wheelchair if it wasn't for them but still people moan and slag it off. xxx

Kristi said...

I agree. There are so many people today with a misplaced sense of entitlement that I just don't understand. It seems like "back in the day" hard work was more of a virtue. Now it seems like people want a good life handed to them on a silver platter, and then whine when life isn't that easy. Nobody is going to make your life good for you, you have to do it!

Helga! said...

I so totally agree.G and I hear this sort of crap from people around us,and I just want to headbutt the stupid wankers.There is no sense of personal responsibility anymore.We have so much to be grateful for,but o,no,there's always some tosser wanting to have a bloody whinge.It's one of my pet peeves too.
On another matter,the way you drive to Prodigy is the way I drive to Rammstein!!!
XXXXXXXXX

Krista said...

I'm so happy we agree and even if we didn't I'm glad I did not offend anyone as that was not my intention. I just want to be able to be myself on my blog in whatever form that might take.

Vix I wish we did have some type of national healthcare for all, but our systems is so jacked up we really need to scrap the whole thing and start fresh!

Kristi, yes we could learn a lot from those back in the day days :)

Helga~ Gratitude is a beautiful thing!!! and Rammstein....NICE!!!!!