Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hot Redheads

I am a natural redhead and quite proud of it,  however it wasn't  always that way. When I was in grade school and even some of high school I hated my hair.  I was teased and called lil orphan Annie and I really thought boys would never like me because I was a redhead.  Over the years I have realized that being a redhead is more attitude than being born with it.  Here are some redheads real and not so real that I adore.  First is my absolute favorite Tori Amos.







I love the cover art on this comic book, all the illustrations are to Tori Amos songs and every song has a different artist's work.   I have spent many an hour looking at these pages.


No collection of redheads would be complete without this siren of the sea, Ariel.




Traci Hines is a real life mermaid.


Remember her va va voom!




Here are some random facts about redheads.
1) Red hair is a genetic mutation.
2) Scotland has the highest population of redheads at about 13%.
3) In France it is thought that to be a redhead is a very bad fate.
4) In Denmark it is an honor to have a redheaded child.
5) Only about 2% of people in the USA have natural red hair.

Life is so much better when you can love yourself as you are!


Me at my reddest!


A little mix of blonde and strawberry.


Another with a touch of pink.


And my beautiful red headed sister!

8 comments:

Vix said...

Red hair is beautiful, you should have put yourself in amongst those other beauties.
Do you know the Brit singer Paloma Faith? Google her when you get a minute, a truly fabulous red head. x

Vix said...

Hooray! The hottest red head of them all makes an appearance (and your beautiful sis comes a close second!) x

Nelly said...

You know I always look twice at someone with red hair as you dont see hair that colour much.My 2nd grandaughter Miss 8s dad is a red head but with Mcgregor as a last name its no surprise.I expecet she may have a red head child one day hers is a blondey/sandy colour.

Sabrina said...

I really love your super red hair- it's a great way to stand out from a mundane crowd.

Sincerely,
Sabrina

Helga! said...

I'm honoured to be a faux redhead,or "ginga" as we call them in NZ! I love red hair! redheads always have such lovely,fine skin!
Tori Amos is cool!
XXX

Danielleorama said...

Youre #1, then jessica rabbit and ariel :D Peetee looks good too! hehehe

Do you have any other siblings and are they redheaded?

Maria Elba said...

woah! i love the picture of you with really red hair!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Gawd you're a gorgeous woman!!!!! I love the look of your super-red hair and your sister is a babe too:)). I was a bright red-head early last year and was really surprised at the male attention - I decided on peroxide blond though as I find it strangely easier to maintain. xoxoxo