Friday, July 15, 2011

Small and round Jeremiah Ketner

Let me introduce Jeremiah Ketner.  I don't know why I was surprised to find out the person behind this adorable art was a guy, but surprised I was.  You might recognize his work from of all places Nordstrom.  I'm always happy to hear about an artist landing a big deal and Nordstrom is pretty dam big.  He is heavily influenced by Japanese art, and his work is recognizable in an instant, dreamy colorful backgrounds and whimsical women with beautifully round soft faces.






He has also done his fair share of toys, these are incredible, the detail, my God!



I love this so much!!!!






Who are some of your favorite artists?

9 comments:

Brian said...

I grew up loving Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture and Ansel Adam's photography. Of modern day artists my favorite is Justin Bau. My two favorite works of his are "Noche de Musica" and "El Guitarrista".

Vix said...

Wouldn't those illustrations make for beautiful tattooes? They are so ethereal and striking.
I love all those 1950's and 1960's women by Tretchikoff and Lynch. Not high art by any means but I adore a beautiful woman. x

Nelly said...

How good is that artist Me and my 2nd daughter both agree that if we had a talkent we would want it to be art,
Thanks for dropping into my blog isnt helga great?
I am now your newest follower xx

VainGlorySinner said...

Wow! What beautiful pieces of art!

I love everything about these - so dreamy and magical! I adore the top one especially and the waves lapping at her feet in the second picture - its all so fluent and graceful!

The toys are amazing - My favourite has to be the 3rd toy because it's shape reminds me of Sack Boy from Little Big Planet! The unicorn is very interesting!

So many yummies! xxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Jeremiah's girls look like they're in a peaceful trance - I could do with one of these in my bedroom to lull me to sleep every night. I collect portraits of women by any artist.

Helga! said...

Lovely artwork indeed!The first 2 are reminiscent of the 70's prints Vix and Sarah collect of children!Love the colours!
XXX

Kathi said...

I love the colors and the softness of them.

Victoria Stitch said...

these are gorgeous! love the dreamy feel to them!

the fashion turd said...

you would probably love Tara McPhearson ... she is ace...similar stuff but even lusher i think..enjoy x

www.thefashionturd.com