Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yummy greens and handmade things

This weekend I harvested all my bok choy and got a fair amount of lettuce.  This was my first year doing bok choy and I was surprised by how little I got off of four plants.  I love using it in stir fry. Lettuce is my favorite thing to grow because you have it all summer long. I eat so much better in the summertime. Next year I will add strawberries and blueberries to my garden.





I also wanted to share with you two recent handmade dolls I purchased.  I am a sucker for anything handmade especially if I have a say in the outcome of the appearance.  I gave both artists a little direction (can you tell with that hair) but the rest is all them.  They are both named Sherbet.


This was made by an amazing gal  Boopsiedaisy


I just love fairies, I mean what's not to love?  This was made by Dark Faerie Creations.

I am working on a post to show you some of my other oddities and by oddities I mean toys.  I find that having them in my house makes me happy and I love how bright and cheery they are.  Some people decorate with a theme in mind, I guess mine would be color and character!

3 comments:

Vix said...

Those dolls are brilliant, they look almost as fabulous as you!
I love growing lettuce and rocket, too. It keeps both us and the tortoise happy all summer long! x

Helga! said...

The fairie one is gorgeous and reminds me of you!
Mmmm,I eat better in Summer too,although I like my veges anytime of year really.I'm embarrassingly lazy at growing my own though.....well done you!
XXXXXX

Misfits Vintage said...

I like the first doll's hairdo - it even has little flowers!

Sarah xxx