Monday, August 29, 2011

Oh Chenille

I don't know what it is about these old blankets that I am loving, but I am on the hunt for a new, old bedspread.  I have plenty of warm bedding but when it comes to a nice light cotton blanket I got nothing, I gotta sheet.  I have been coveting a few of these old designs but man people on ebay are really driving up the prices...I may never get one :)

Look at all these gorgeous patterns and colors.  I do love the peacocks!








Look at the details.






What do you think?  What is your favorite spread made of?

4 comments:

Vix said...

We call that fabric "candlewick" over here. I've never seen such fabulous designs, that peacock one makes me want to weep with joy, the colours are just beautiful!
I do love pretty bedding, my favourite at the moment is the one I'm siting on in my header picture, 1970's polycotton. xxx

LUCEWOMAN said...

These are the most beautiful spreads I've seen, I want them!
I love crisp, high quality white cotton I I find it difficult to keep my house clean, but I make a special effort with the bedding

Nelly said...

Oh I like most of them I have one like the 9th one must send you a pic.I just read your skull ost imagine a skull chenille spread wouldnt ya love that?

Misfits Vintage said...

I have a fabulous king sized chenille spread and she's getting a little thin in places but I don't care! In fact, the centre piece of mine is very similar to the pink and yellow floral fifth from the bottom. I LOVE the second one best.

Sarah xxx