Monday, August 1, 2011

Swinging in the trees

Friday I ditched work early and went out to Tree to Tree Adventure Park with my niece for some zip lining action.  Neither of us had ever done this before and we were pretty excited to give it a go.  The place is in the middle of the woods.  The great thing about where I live is that I am 15 minutes from downtown Portland and 30 minutes from dense forest scenery.  This place is just 26 miles from my house and after our afternoon adventure I will be back, hopefully with a bunch of friends.


First we had to make sure we met the height requirement, and we barely did :)  Yes my 13 year old niece is as tall as me :)


We are cool.


Lovely gear.



Safety first!  Haylen must be thinking, ok I'm really doing this, I know I was :)


The first course was pretty low to the ground about 10 feet just to get you acclimated.









Ok this seems easy enough.



















This was one of the hardest parts of the course.  It was not so much zip lining as it was an obstacle course.  We were totally challenged and encouraging each other the whole way.























We killed it!  It took about 2 1/2 hours and we were pretty stoked.  I can't wait to go back again and do the last two runs.  The last two courses you are up about 50 feet.

9 comments:

Vix said...

That looks like so much fun, I'd be terrified but I think I'd love it, too.
How fabulous for your gorgeous niece to have such a cool Auntie. xxx

Kathi said...

I want to go!

VainGlorySinner said...

Aww! I love that picture of you and your niece stood next to the height sign lmao! 'have fun on the kids course' :p

I'm 5ft 7inches tall so I'd just be able to make it to the green course but I don't know if my body would want to!

It looks like a lot of fun though and it looks like it would be a blast with a group of mates!

I've done zip lining before but it wasn't as high as yours.. probably just around 6 feet as it was at a family camping park.. nothing as exciting as yours!

The most daring things I have done is probably abseiling down a cliff and parasailing which was amazing fun, although I was picturing in my head that there were sharks in the water below me which kinda freaked me out! xxx

Nelly said...

What great memories you brave things I am a chicken but I know my 2nd daughter LL would love it.She is an adreniline junkie.

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Hi Krista!

Isn't ziplining fun? It is such a great workout too. Your photos look similiar to the one I went to in Germany. So excited to know its catching on in states as well.

Curious....how much was it? It's 17euro here, so basically $25 for 3 hours plus a 30 minute instruction.

I responded to your comment on my blog (re: utube) and left you a link to look at ;)

Michelle

PS - I bet your neice thinks you're a superhero for taking her ziplining

Helga! said...

Crkiey,you gave me the horn with that frock last post!Phwoar!!!
Ahem.
You ARE amazing!! I don't think I'd like to do this,especially if I can't wear heels!!Haahaaaa.I'm not scared of heights,at least.Gutsy,that's what you two are!
XXX

Nat said...

Fantastic fun! I've always wanted to do this...

Misfits Vintage said...

I totally agree with Vix - I'd be scared but I'd LOVE it too! How awesome is being an aunty? I love it! You rock, Krista.

Sarah xxx

Dashfield Vintage said...

That looks like so much fun, I love doing things like this!