Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tank Girl

Every since I was in my early 20's I have loved Tank Girl.  Every gal needs a tough angry ass kicking female role model who doesn't take any shit from anyone.  I wanted to be her!!!  Most think Tank Girl was a really bad movie (I liked it), but really she was a comic book character first.  I have all her trading cards and all the old comics and I hope someday soon to get her tattooed on me.





This above image is the one I want a tat of :)

I think I need googles!
These three images are from the movie.  Lori Petty was perfection on a tank.
This issue is when they jumped the shark, but I still am forever a fan of Tankgirl.

Here are some different artist renditions of my girl.
Ah look it's a baby tank girl by Chocolatita.
Emo (or maybe even a little Celldweller) Tank Girl by 1behemoth1.
This one is pretty cool by Alexarosa.

Happy Monday.....now get in touch with your inner Tank Girl!

4 comments:

Vix said...

I think you'd make a far sexier Tank Girl! I love that image, it would make for a wicked tat. x

Helga! said...

I'm all for butt kicking biatches!!Yeah! I quite liked the movie,and thought Lori Petty was great in the part.I agree with Vix,though,you'd be fecking awesome as Tank Girl!!
Get that tat,it's a fab design,darl!
XXXXXXXXXX

VainGlorySinner said...

Wohooo Tank Girl! I think I much prefer the DC's Vertigo cover art! How amazing would that look as a tattoo and so very very you!

I think we should see a post of you dressed up like Tank Girl! I bet it would be a lot of fun putting a TG outfit together!

I've always thought she should have been Mad Max's girl!

The Alexarosa version of TG is awesome! xxx

Louise said...

Tank girl came out as a movie when I was a teenager, and I loved it. She definitely rocks and I wanted to be like her too. You can't beat a kick ass role model. X