Thursday, November 10, 2011

Look it's a Rainbow brite eskimo girl!!!

My favorite thing about the cold might just be this hat.  I threw this on this morning as I ran out to get some Starbucks.  I love it and people always mistake it for a wig.

There will be no frock for me today (just this hat and some cozy sweats) I have a crazy weekend ahead so I'm only working a half day and then I plan on getting crafty by the fire with Peetee and the kitties.

Sometimes when you have a dog and two cats things can get a little crazy.  They are either all sleeping, eating or chasing each other around.  When I found this quirky book written in 1945 called The Gingham Dog and Calico Cat I fell in love with the story and illustrations.  Check it out!





Maybe the universe didn't let me become a parent because I would have read books like this to my kids,  who knows.  It's cute and a bit disturbing, kinda like me :)

Have a great weekend everyone and a very Happy Veteran's day to all the vets out there! 

12 comments:

Vix said...

I had that book as a child, I loved macabre scary stuff, too. I love those illustrations, the cat looks such a snooty madam.
That hat is freaking fabulous, it does look like a crazy mullet wig at first, I bet you get loads more attention in it than normal!
Have a rocking weekend, babe!
catch up soon, I hope.
Love You! xxx

Victoria said...

Love the story book and the pictures are priceless! Shared on my Google+

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Brilliant illustrations, especially the last one.

Thick Threads said...

that hat rules! it looks pretty awesome. and the books are so adorable! :)
must be really fun with all those animals in the house. i love animals.

xo
A_Riot

pastcaring said...

That HAT, Krista! It's the faux fur version of your hair colours, how incredible!
I love the illustrations in the book. My kids actually quite like freaky/disturbing things, and goodness knows our 4 cats, and the 3 kids, do enough rough'n'tumble scrapping!
Enjoy your weekend, love! xxxxxxxxx

Louise said...

What a great book, lovely pictures and really quirky. We have 2 dogs and they are either sleeping or chasing eachother too... Or in Alfie's case looking for a lap to nap on lol. Have a great weekend rainbow bright. Xx

La Dama said...

What a great loca wig.. I mean hat.
only you and your bright colors can pull this off.
that is the most adorable creepy,crawly book. I love scary stories. aww your pets are like your childres. I miss my family pets back in California. We have all kinds of birds and dogs except for cat.
besotes with wigs

LUCEWOMAN said...

That hat was MADE for you! I love it.

I'm another fan of the creepy/macabre side of life - stems from my mum. On Sunday evenings there used to be a horror story on the radio, my mother used to let me listen to it with her from a very young age. My friends couln't wait to get to school on Monday to nhear me re-tell the story.
I hope your weekend has got off to a good start and you enjoy the rest - I'm lots better, so hope to catch-up properly with people next week.
Love,
Lucy x

Helga! said...

I am rather enchanted by that book!But have never heard of it before now!Sweet illustrations!I might have to find a copy for Baby Rose!
Yeah,that hat IS like a crazy faux fur mullety version of your hair!Awesomeness!Looks so snuggly!Snuggly FUN!
Stay warm,hope you got lots achieved!!!
LOVE!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Blimey, that turned a bit violent - not at all the twee-fest I was expecting from the title. Love it!

Misfits Vintage said...

I remember that book!

I LOOOVE your fabulous furry hat - the colours are EXQUISITE on you! Also love that leopard footstool.

Sarah xxx

Daniel said...

awesome illustrations!