Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hearts and thunderbirds

I'm getting better at not always reaching for my jeans this winter.  This is one of those outfits that is cute, comfy and also plenty warm.  I found the skirt for $3 and I am a sucker for anything with hearts on it.
 This thunderbird belt is from 1977 I picked it up almost 20 years ago for a buck! The jacket was also thrifted for $5 and has sparkly silver thread in it.
I need a haircut and I'm obviously disgusted with myself right here.
Ok I'm over it!
I love mini skirts and leggings!
 A sweet skeleton Betsey Johnson necklace.
I think a lot of her jewelry and clothes end up on ebay from the suppliers in China who actually make the product for her.  This necklace was all of $7 on ebay in the stores it would have been almost $50.
I'm so happy the week's almost over.  This weekend Chris and I get to dress up and go out with our neighbors to their country club for a fancy dinner of lobster and prime rib...woo woo!!!!  Sunday we are bringing home my antique vanity that was Grandma Barbara's mothers, I think it's from the 40's.  I can't wait to show it to you.  I wanna paint it pink!


10 comments:

pastcaring said...

Claudia has just seen your skeleton necklace and said "Awesome! I want one!" And she's after your trainers too.
You do look good in a mini skirt, Krista, and that is a fabulous belt.
Enjoy your fancy dinner, and I can't wait to see your vanity!
Love'n'lobster! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

VainGlorySinner said...

Awesome belt and awesome necklace!!! I have seen quite a few pieces of 'Betsey Johnson' jewellery from sellers in China but I've always assumed they were fake... I didn't realise they made her stuff but I suppose in this day and age most things are made in china!

Can't wait to see this old dressing table of yours! Eeeek! xxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

In love with the necklace....

anton belardo said...

i wish we had winter too :p i think your hair is just lovely it made me sort of miss my pink hair :D and before i forget love the necklace


kisses A.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Cute skirt and I love the belt too!

Victoria said...

Love skeleton pieces, and Day of the Dead images. So cool!

Sabina said...

I heart the heart skirt, tough girl belt, and blingy Betsey necklace. I actually got an adorable pair of BJ sugar skull earrings on eBay recently, but with how cheap it was I couldn't help wondering if it--and 99 percent of the Betsey Johnson goodies up for bid--were fakente. Well I'll never know I guess. And off topic, love how you manage to keep the pink in your hair so vibrant and bright.

La Dama said...

You look like a little girl in mini skirt. your hair looks great long amor but also like it in braids.
that necklace is so awesome.70's belt you say.looks pretty cool.
besios

akiko hiramatsu said...

Hi, Krista!
Your blog is very colorful, and many PINK!!!
I love pink, too.
I followed you, now!

akiko from Tokyo
http://kimonosnack.blogspot.com/

Misfits Vintage said...

That necklace is super cute! And I adore anything with hearts too... that skirt is lovely and twirly! I love your hair getting longer - but I also love when you curl it up all glam and BIG! Love! Sarah xxx