Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I puke hearts and flowers

Is it too early to talk about Valentines day? Too bad, I know it's another overly commercialized holiday but it's about love! This weekend I decided to make my nephews something to remind them of how much Auntie Krista loves them, after all they do own a lil piece of my heart.

 I love that at any given moment I have craft supplies just waiting to be born into something fabulous! These are made with felt, embroidery thread and ribbon and stuffed with a bit of poly fill. I added a lil scar to each one because what heart is free of them?
I'll be sure to stuff the package full of M&M's because really what boy will get excited about receiving these.  I also managed one decent picture of my vanity before the darkness came.  It's dark by the time I finish work.  UGH!
Well what do you think?  I love it!!!!  I am not a huge fan of natural wood and I am still on the fence about painting it pink.  Please you guys help me decide!  If I paint it pink I'm probably destroying an antique and Grandma Barbara did have this thing restored.  I also got the tall jewelry box on the side, it holds all my stash!

I thought you guys might enjoy seeing some of the crazy colors and patterns jumping out of my closet.












Life is way too short to be lived in B&W.

Today I finally get my haircut, yeah!  I also get my concealed weapons permit from the Sheriff's office, pretty stoked about that.  I'm still doing Zumba too but it is a bit hard on my knees.  I took some ibuprofen and that seemed to help, I have also modified a few moves so it's easier on my knees.  I hope you are all doing well as we say good riddance to January!

14 comments:

pastcaring said...

Oh good lord, that dressing table is exquisite! Look at those slender little legs and the stonking great triple mirror. It's beautiful!
Now I would say leave it as it is, cos I love the look and feel of natural wood, but it's your vanity to do with as you like, of course!
Your scarred hearts are adorable (we are all a little more wise and wonderful because of our scars) and the colours and textures of your wardrobe make me wanna rummage through and fondle it all!!
Loveyaguntotin'zumbamovin'honey! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nat said...

Loooovve the M&M hearts! Lucky nephews :-)
I'm a huge fan of dark natural wood, so I would say please don't paint the vanity pink...

Victoria said...

Love the colors and texture of fabric, they would make some great wall hangings. If your grandma restored the vanity, then it should remain so. You can always skirt it and lay some hot pink table runners over the edges. I can see going Hollywood in pink with a feather boa and all ;)

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I reckon leave it as is - all your gorgeous bright colour elsewhere is enough, or Victoria's ideas are good.

Cute hearts for the nephews, and of course sweeties are always a good extra ;-)

Daniel said...

I can imagine this tube skirt full of the little hearts and cupcakes someone could rock it ! YEah ! I would totally paint,makeover the vanity table *Paint it *add glitter *lights *sparkels hell yeah yeah ! do it ! It means more Color ! ♥ ♥ ☯ ☯

Melanie said...

I love that you puke hearts and flowers and your pink hair is like a freight train - I adore it! Okay, the dressing table is a gem and you are obviously talented with needle and thread so have you thought about a really funky slip cover, which has a retro vibe to it in itself, but in pink with jewels and studs and lace bits or whatever - puking up all that wonderful creativity but not having to deal with the tinge of regret you seem to have about painting. But, hey, painting is great too! Good luck with that whatever you decide. Your patterns, colours are inspiring.

LUCEWOMAN said...

I love your hearts - you need to get selling them NOW! They're brilliant.
The vanity - I love it. I'd leave it alone. BUT this is Krista's vanity. It needs to be at least a little bit Krista-fied! Pink seat, jewelled handles, maybe a bit of paint - perhaps some skulls and stuff painted on the mirrors with glass paint - easy to remove without damage.
Your clothes look so bautiful, like a rainbow hidden away.

Keep us updated with the vanity!

loads of love

Lucy x

pinktutu72 said...

Ohhh your vanity is lovely! I like your room! The curtains are so pretty and I like how your wrapping paper is in the basket in the corner. Also I love the wig/hat boxes!

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh you are the best aunty ever! Those hearts are super gorgeous!

Please don't paint the dressing table - it's so lovely and while I'm not a huge fan of sensible furniture either, I have a couple of beautiful antique items that belonged to extended family members and I think it would be a bit criminal to ruin them! Paint that timber chest of drawers instead!

Love! Sarah xxx

two squirrels said...

The hearts are just so sweet and made with love!!! You are so very clever.
Love V

Vix said...

Look at all your lovely things!!! I'm not a fan of plain wood either & if it were mine despite it's beauty I'd be seriously tempted to paint it powder pink, reupholster the chair with some psychedelic fabric and add crystal knobs. You're going to keep it forever so why not have some fun, I bet Grandma Barbara would love to have seen you use your artistic talent on her treasured dressing table.
Love you lots! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dolly Cool Clare said...

I'm with Vix - Id paint it! If you would like it more in pink, then do it! After all, its you who looks at it all day every day - not anyone else. Love the hearts as well, and the scars on them is such a cute, but honest touch :)

Gillie said...

These photos are great, I love the details! Your blog is lovely, if you want to take a look at mine it’s at http://grassettagillie.blogspot.com, if you’d like we should follow each other! :)

xo Gillie

La Dama said...

You heart genius biatch! love the M&M idea bet your niece and nephews adore you. so many beautiful colorful fabrics.
OMG!! that's good that you decided to leave your inherited grandma's vanity as is but you can always change it later on. I don't like plain wood either ,but do love dark cherry wood.
luv ya