Monday, January 2, 2012

We made it!

and just like that *POOF* 2011 is behind us :)  Chris and I spent a quiet night in just the two of us.  I made a delicious roast, garlic mashed potatoes, and a nice spinach salad with slivered almonds and dried cranberries.  We watched a movie, LIMITLESS, which was interestingly appropriate and we also watched the hilarious commentary of Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper at Times Square.  Lady Gaga gave a heartfelt performance in her home town NYC and pushed the button to get that ball dropping.  She teared up at the end as I think it was all a bit much for her, but what I got out of it was DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!

I was up early taking down all the Christmas decorations, lights outside and all and then washed the car inside and out.  It feels good to be bright eyed and busy on this first day of 2012.  I had a good workout and then made a few necklaces and did some painting in the kitchen as I am going to do a Hello Kitty mural in there :)  I also managed to finish the second book in the series The Hunger Games, really great story (I should have listened to you Brianna).

I hope everyone is feeling as refreshed and excited about the New Year as I am.
Lady Gaga and the mayor of NYC, dress by Versace.
The city sparkled!
This was a brilliant pairing!  Kathy Griffin had me rolling at how uncomfortable she was making Anderson Cooper.

Now its time to get focused and get selling, back to the grind my kittens!

12 comments:

Brianna said...

Sounds like a fun night! The friends I was with hated Lady Gaga's performance and outfits, but I liked her. And I can't wait to see the Hello Kitty mural, I bet it's going to be really cute. :)
I'm glad you like the Hunger Games! It's one of my favorite series. I have the third one if you want to borrow it. Happy New Years!

Eva Ana Kazić said...

Oh Kathy I love thee.

EAK

Vix said...

Happy New Year, babe! Looks like it's started well for you with the cleaning up, good food, exercise, artistic and cerebral pursuits unlike me slobbing around undressed and eating crap!
Can't wait to see the Hello Kitty mural or your new necklaces.
Don't work too hard!
Love ya! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daniel said...

Happy New Year ! Lady Gaga is just so perfect ! I wanna see your Hello Kitty mural ! "roast, garlic mashed potatoes" sounds *Delicious* !

Sabina said...

I only watched part of it, specifically the ball drop, because I think all the foreplay stuff (all the interviews with tourists about where they're from) gets boring after you've seen it once. But it was neat to see Lady Gaga hanging out with Mayor Bloomberg.

pastcaring said...

Happy New Year to you!
I wasn't quite as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as you on New Year's Day, I must confess...
But I took the tree and the decs down today (it always feels like it's over by New Year's Day so it all goes back in the box), kids are back at school tomorrow, and life will resume a bit of routine. It'll be hell getting up in the morning though!
Onward and upward, kitty cat! xxxxx

Dashfield Vintage said...

Happy New Year lady! It sounds like you got the right start to New Years day! I'm actually quite envious of you. I hope that 2012 turns out to be the best year you've had yet! Look forward to reading about what bright and wonderful things you get up to. x

Nat said...

A very happy New Year to you! Sounds like you're having a good 2012 so far :-)

Louise said...

Happy New Year you lovely lady! I can't wait to see the hello kitty mural. Also, you should definitely come to England for a holiday, I'll be your tour guide, we'd have a ball. Hope 2012 is great for you. Xx

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Is it me - or is Kathy Griffin getting prettier? Plastic surgery has suited her, although I think she might have a wig on..

Happy New Years Krista!!!

(quiet nights in can be lovely - and sometimes less painful the next day).

xoxo
Michelle

Helga! said...

You are so frigging fabulous!
Just cathcing up on your last post,what a bloody amazing woman you are,to bounce back from a hysterectomy in such splendid,sexy style!!!I SO admire you!
Laga Gaga is hot,but you blow her away!Yay for having a lovely releaxed NYE,and eating such delcious sounding yummies!Can't wait to break bread with you and Chris THIS YEAR!
Love and gropes!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Misfits Vintage said...

Happy New Year beautiful Krista - so glad you had a lovely evening and a productive start to the new year. I hope this year is THE BEST YEAR EVER! Love! Sarah xxx