Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I love these gals!

Sunday was the Super Bowl, which I could care less about but I did watch the half time show because I was dying to see Madonna perform. Well, what did I think?  She looks amazing and the show was entertaining, but her new single Give me all your luvin was unimpressive and felt contrived. It just lacked any kind of realness. However, I have been checking out the two gals featured on the track Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. and hot dam, I dig these girls something awful.
The girl sure rocks some crazy cool hair!
 Love this one.



I love her style!  I found this adorable video of her surprising her youngest fan, this little girl will blow your mind! Please watch this I swear it will make your day!

The other gal M.I.A. I know little about but her new single Bad Girls has the most incredible video.


Check out her video here, and for the record yes the Saudi men do like to drift in their luxury cars, but this video shows the women doing it too, it's powerful imagery!
Here's to strong creative women everywhere!

7 comments:

Vix said...

I haven't seen Madonna's performance yet, I'll have to trawl You Tube later.
I love MIA. Kala is one of my fave CDs ever (and Paper Planes was huge after it featured in Slumdog Millionaire's soundtrack)
I've seen her live a couple of times and she's serious bad ass. The last time she invited the crowd at the Big Chill to invade the stage and the whole thing got shut down after bits of the stage collapsed.
Love and miss you! xxx

Louise said...

The first girl, with crazy hair colours, she's cool! I want some of those wigs. X

pastcaring said...

Really like the MIA song and video, I think she's great.
Madonna - hmmm. I know she has an amazing career and back catalogue, and she is a great performer who always does a spectacular show. But lately I'm just left cold by her. It's almost as if she's so desperate to prove she's still got it, she can still lift her legs over her head or whatever, that it's all a bit too calculated and (to pinch your word) contrived. Of course she looks fabulous at 53, she's beautiful and obviously cares hugely about being fit and super-toned. It's her job. But the music? Ummm, not bothered really.
Anyway, enough pontificating on Her Madgesty - strong creative woman? Why that would be you, Krista! xxxxxx

edie pop said...

I need nicki minaj colourful rib cage dress, is amazing!
Thank you for choosing these beautiful photos ,I really love M.I.A. style and music!

xxx

pinktutu72 said...

I'd never heard of MIA till just now I watched the video you posted and I think it's really good. I've been listening to Nicki Minaj for a while. I love how she's sassy and has some amazing style. I didn't see the halftime show but I used to love Madonna.

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

I love the bold statement style! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com./

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Nicky Manaj is so much fun to watch. It will only be a matter of time before she has neon hair.

Thanks for your hair comment the other day. No red for me - but have you ever thought about doing neon pink highlights in yours? It could be your spring look. Ha.

xoxo
Michelle