Monday, May 14, 2012

Bourbon, BBQ's & Microsoft

I'm back and Chris and I had the best time hanging out with his old friends.  All of these peeps met about 6 years ago when they all worked at Microsoft.  Each had their own reason for leaving but they still remain friends.  They all came to Microsoft after thousands of current employees became millionaires after their stock prices went through the roof. I think it was difficult working there knowing you had missed that boat. Redmond WA is an extremely rich community because of it. This was the most intelligent group of people I have ever had the pleasure of partying with :)
The weather was spectacular the whole weekend! This dress I picked up for $5.
 We ate yummy Mexican food which always pleasing me to no end!
 Iris had two of the cutest doggies ever!
 I played with High Voltage.
 and drank plenty of fancy drinks made with Bourbon
This bar was totally my kinda place.
 Mike, Chris & Sean:)
 You know it's a great night when a guy (Sean) wants to wear your hair and headgear :)
After this place we ended the evening at a lounge called the Alibi and had a few more cocktails and delicious pizza!  The next morning it was time for coffee and a trip to the Seattle Public Library.
 Me & Brigit looking angelic in the early morning light!
Seattle's Public Library is an architectural marvel.  It also boasts 1.5 million books and 400 computers.
 
 Inside the kids section.

 Beautiful hardwood floors.
 Crazy fluorescent escalators.








 This was another dress I scored for $5.





 I have never seen a building so beautiful inside and out and the fact that it's a public library makes it even more special!
We ended the evening with a BBQ and a gorgeous sunset in West Seattle.
 Brigit looking like a supermodel!
 The sun was bright and we bathed in it!

 The views were gorgeous!
 The food plenty!


 The sunset BEAUTIFUL and our conversations meaningful, total BLISS!
Everything we did was thrown together at the last minute which I think made it all the more enjoyable.  It's been a long time since Chris and I had that much fun and I hope we can go to Austin TX and visit Mike & Brigit next year.  It was sad to say Goodbye :(

I have a few more pictures to share tomorrow sorry if that was photo overload. I hope you all enjoyed the weekend and I hope to catch up with you soon!

17 comments:

Ivy Black said...

What a fantastic time you had! It all looks wonderful, and I wouldn't say no to a couple of hours in that awesome library.
xxxx

two squirrels said...

Oh you look so happy after a fun filled weekend with amazing people!!!
The library is so beautiful what a great place to explore.
You looked super cute in all the dresses you took on holiday.
Happiness is a weekend with friends that makes your heart sing!!!!
Love v

Vix said...

Yay! You're back and what a trip you had! All three of you girls look like supermodels, basking in the sunshine and being waited on by the guys. Your $5 dresses are just beautiful on you and you know I love that hat!!
That library looks so cool and you'll have to translate that cocktail menu for me, it's like a different language, the only things I recognise are Bourbon, Cointreau, Campari & lemon juice!
MissedyouLOTS!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

LUCEWOMAN said...

What a fantastic weekend. I don't know where to start. Firstly, you look gorgeous, I think the library should be your home! The dresses look a million dollars!
The food, company, scenery and everything just sums up perfection..
I'm so glad you had an awesome time, it looks like just what.you needed.

Loadsalove,

Lucy x

edie pop said...

Hi sweetheart!!
I always wait for your post to start my week full of joy and hope!!
I love to see how happy you and your friends were during the weekend and how amazing are the places you visited!!I'd love to meet you and going around with you! Seattle's library is spectacular and so the place where you had the BBQ!!!
You and the girls are so gorgeous and your dresses are always the best..can't wait to see more photos!!
kisses and hugs!!

original seed said...

that pink dress looks so good on you xx

pastcaring said...

Ha, I'm glad Vix needs a translation of the cocktail menu, I don't recognise many of the ingredients either, but I'm sure I could force myself to try a few!
You look as though you had a wonderful weekend - friends, sunshine, great food and drink, lots of chat and laughter, and new places to visit. Perfection!
You look fabulous in your frocks and gorgeous hat.
Seattle library is incredible, and the house and views are stunning, I would have loved to be at that BBQ with you guys.
Chris looks so happy in that shot with his buddies. Good times with good people, Krista! xxxxxxxxx

Helga! said...

I like photo overloads,espceially when there is much fun being had!!!
YAY for a great time,the food,the frocks,the views-spectacular!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX BIG lurve!

Nat said...

What an absolutely perfect trip! Gorgeous photos :-)

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

How cool is that library? I always fancied Seattle from why back in my teen grunge days - I knew I was right!



***Ta-dah! Tuesday tomorrow - link up your amazing makes, fabulous finds and outrageous outfits!***

Heather said...

Wow looks like such a great trip the photos are fantastic the Library is amazing. The food looks scrumptious!! I can see why you were so sad for it to all end...if only the weekend could last forever!! ~:) Love Heather

Misfits Vintage said...

OH man - that looks like such a fantastic time! I LOOOVE that library building too - the LIGHT! The COLOURS! The SPACE!!!

YOU are exquisite in every single outfit, of course - I especially love the pic of you and Chris in the late afternoon light, so blessed out and beautiful together.

And those two bulldogs - I just want to kiss them and smooth them with love!

Great pics - more more more please!

Love you! Sarah xxx

Terri said...

You find the most amazing colors everywhere you go!

Louise said...

Wow, what a lovely trip. How do you manage to look so fresh the morning after all those cocktails? That library is fantastic, what stunning architecture. Xx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

Looks like you had a great time. You look radiant! I'd love to visit Seattle, it looks gorgeous, that library is brilliant! mmm lovely food too, I'm a tad hungry this morning xx

La Dama said...

What brillant time you had!
The best trips are the unplanned ones.
You all look so happy , such a great energy.
You and the girls are looking muy guapas.
I so need sone carne asada BBQ right now.
You library is like a museum.
Besos

Bella Q said...

Sure, lots of pics, but so many great ones! You were in Seattle...so we were stomping around the same (well not really but sort of) streets, no wonder the days were so marvelous here. Looks like you had a grand time. I must say having fun becomes you! xo. Bella Q