Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Good ole' American Rock

When warmer weather comes, the volume on my car stereo climbs to ear shattering levels and the windows roll all the way down.  I usually take to the freeway with nowhere in particular to go and pop on my favorite CD at the moment.  Lately I have been loving the new album by the American band Halestorm. The lead singer "Lzzy" yes no i in that folks, has a voice that reminds me of Lita Ford and a tough girl look reminiscent of Joan Jett. She also plays guitar, now that's just "hot"!
I love women who can look tough and still be pretty.
Check out this video and listen to that voice!
They are on tour now and will be heading to the UK and Australia later this year :) 

8 comments:

Miss Simmonds Says said...

oooh I rather like her - great voice and great look! When's you're tour of the UK?

SACRAMENTO said...

Amen to that.
Thank you for following, my beauty in pink
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

She'd probably have been on my playlist when I was younger - I was listening to Hole yesterday, happily screaming away, and my husband just looked at me and said "You were an angry teenager, weren't you?!"
I love her stripy tights but her hair's a bit blowdried for a true rock chick!

Heather said...

She does rock and look pretty as well ...she has it all down love her look~I really enjoy driving through the country roads when the weather warms with the music playing loudly ~Makes for a great way to spend the afternoon in the summer ~Love Heather

Misfits Vintage said...

ROCK ON ROCK CHICKS ROCK!!!! Sarah xxx

Thick Threads said...

Nice! she does have a pretty bad ass voice, shes too bad ass for an "i" in her name, thats pretty hardcore. Lately I've only been listenin to bands with girl frontsingers so thanks for this tip

xo
Anita

La Dama said...

I love her dirty girly rock chick look!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if any of you have seen these guys play live but they are GREAT live. One out the best bands I've ever seen. They have an amazing presence on stage. On top of that, Lzzy sounds as good live as she does in the studio. And her brother Arejay is so good and so much fun to watch play. The whole band is very talented.