Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fish are jumping now...

Yesterday was the perfect start of summer,  aside from the small inconvenience of work I got to enjoy it.  I got up did Zumba then worked a few hours. For lunch I spent the hour gardening in the sunshine and I might add that my yard is looking pretty tended too:)  I worked the rest of the afternoon and then snapped these pictures at about 9pm.  I love the long summer nights and the time it gives back to me.
 This was not a $5 dress.  I bought this dress a year ago to wear to a friends Wedding.   It was $23.  The brand is INC which I do like but it's usually too pricy for me but when its on sale I will have a look.
 Most of the time I hardly wear any makeup but you will rarely see me without lipstick or mascara, without them you can't see my face :)
Yesterday Peetee and Ash shared a dead bird for lunch and then he tried to kiss me.
 I just can't do bitch face, maybe this is my I just got dead bird kisses face.
 Bracelets made by me.
  Big flowers for my big head.
 My new necklace from the sweet and always honest Lucy!
Since we talked about my collection of sports bras for every occasion I also thought it best to share this closeup.   I also have a few bras that are just too pretty to hide.  This Betsey Johnson pale pink bra looks to be part of the dress but it isn't.  
I also found something else to wear underneath my dresses.
These Nike shorts are worn without undies and I bought them in four colors.  I have been on the hunt for bike shorts in anything but black for this exact purpose. I plan on wearing these under some of my dresses especially the really short ones.  What do you think about that?!?!? They are so comfy too!
 No more bending over or windy worries here.


Life is full of dirt, I choose to be a flower!
I have always loved Janis Joplin and Summertime is one of my favorite songs!

12 comments:

edie pop said...

It sounds like a lovely summer day, your garden is amazing with all the amazing flowers blossomed and you are the most beautiful and pinkest of them all!!The shorts are a good idea, I was thinking that my mini dresses could be dangerous without leggings, and your solution is great!! The Betsey Johnson bra is perfect to be shown, but not our G-strings!I love the print and the fabric of your stunning dress and the big roses headband is ace!!
Love you more than summer!!!
xxxx

Nat said...

That dress is so pretty in pink! Just perfect for you :-) The shorts seem a very good plan too!
I'm loving the long evenings of summer.. just wish we could have a tad more sunshine!

LUCEWOMAN said...

Oh my! What a beauty, that dress is the best shade of pink ever. You look so happy and youthful, the sun is definitely your friend! I have such issues with underwear, I just might have to try your suggestions. I am forever fiddling with my undergarments as they never seem to 'sit' right on my body. I do like the idea of having shorts on underneath my skirts as the wind will often reveal my bum to the world!
I'm about to go out, I have your necklace on, and I'm all excited to see you looking so healthy and happy!

Speak soon?

Loadsalove,

Lucy x

pastcaring said...

That is such a great dress on you, and I love the cheeky flash of pretty bra! I think shorts as undies is a great idea, I have some big old cycling short-style knickers which hold you in a treat, but they are in that god awful "nude" shade, I'd love some bright colours instead!
You are always a beautiful colourful sight for sore eyes, Krista. I adore your big flowers (are you in the Big Head gang too? Yay!) and Peetee just has to be forgiven for his dead bird kisses cos he's cute!
The livin' might not always be easy but you make it MUCH prettier! xxxxxx

edie pop said...

I forgot to tell you that I adore your braids and the makeup is lovely, you have a perfect complexion and you don't need to wear foundation!!
xxxx

Joanna DeVoe said...

Weeeeeah!!! That's a whole lotta PINK.

Love it -xo

Terri said...

I'll bet the shorts are really comfortable too. Might have to check that out for a couple of my summer skirts.

Heather said...

Great dress you look super cute!! Oh the long days up North when we lived in Alaska you could be out to 1am and it was still light out ...the flowers look beautiful...and great idea with the nike shorts it really takes the worry out of shorter frocks....I usually put leggings under my shorter dresses but that is a nice alternative~ have a great weekend ~Love Heather

Heather said...

Great dress you look super cute!! Oh the long days up North when we lived in Alaska you could be out to 1am and it was still light out ...the flowers look beautiful...and great idea with the nike shorts it really takes the worry out of shorter frocks....I usually put leggings under my shorter dresses but that is a nice alternative~ have a great weekend ~Love Heather

Vix said...

You so beautiful, your eyes are incredibly bright and that lipsticks such a pretty, delicate shade.
Loving the pink tie-dyed frock, plaits and head piece. You are festival ready, let's hope your summer continues as well (it's hideous here today).
Cats and dead birds, that's always a downer to feline ownership. Stephen brought one to bed with him the other money, a damned rude awakening!
Love those shorts, brilliant under a bum-skimming dress, a fabulous cheeky colour that doesn't look like you're flashing your knickers!
have a fab weekend, love you! xxxx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I'm trying to bask in your summer glory, it's horrible weather over here as usual. I love Peetee, though obviously would draw the line at dead bird kisses, dogs don't get why we turn our noses up at such delicacies. Your dress is perfect, you just had to have it. and your shorts are great, I need some! xxx

adler666official said...

you are so cool and you have a nice blog, i love it! I follow you with google, visit my blog and follow me too if you want :)
We can follow each other.

Have a nice day.

http://adler666official.blogspot.com/