Monday, September 17, 2012

London Calling

I'm back from the mother of all vacations.  Our trip to the UK was one of the best experiences of my entire life.  I'm still jet lagged, excited, a bit sad and totally loopy right now~PERFECT TIME FOR A BLOG POST!  I hope you all had a chance to see what Vix and I were up too, if not you can here and here.  Jon and Vix are two of the kindest, sweetest, most lovable people I have ever met.  Chris and I got along with them as if we had always been friends.  At times it all felt a bit surreal especially meeting all those beautiful blogger girls, but it always felt comfortable and I loved every moment of it!

The first few days Chris and I spent in London (but we're definitely not from London:) We rode the tube everywhere and even hopped on a double decker bus, saw tons of sights, ate and drank our way everywhere.
I drank more ale and lager than vodka, I know can you believe that!
Fish and chips of course.
 Our hotel was really nice and priced right, located pretty central in Baywater.


House of Parliament was beautiful...considering :)
I was all smiles from start to finish.
The famous River Thames.
Big Ben poking out.

 Tourists can get away with stuff locals can't.  I about wet myself when I got the McLaren dealer to let Chris and I in to have a look at these fabulous cars.
 He even said they could make me one in pink:) I don't know I kinda like the orange one.
In front of Buckingham Palace.
A bit understated, don't you think?
Things were still crazy in London since the Paralypmics were going on, but it also meant there were plenty of people to help with directions.
 This Diana memorial was interesting.
Harrods was all about excess and we had a great lunch there.
Old traditions die hard.
 There were some funny signs in the UK.
We spent a few hours at the British Museum.
They have an incredible amount of Egyptian artifacts and we even saw the Rosetta stone!




The mummies were amazing!
I was also pretty stoked to find a Mr. Brainwash exhibit just across the street.


I'm digging the hair made from old records.

The one of the Queen was my favorite and I managed to get a poster of her for Vix.
This Union Jack was made entirely from spray paint cans.

Following my dreams brought me all the way to the UK :)
This gorilla was made entirely of tire rubber.

Amen to that!
  London has some beautiful parks too.
 The weather was spectacular!
So was dinner:)


 But this pub was the best way to end the night!  I was even kissed on the cheek by a local drunk.  
Next up Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge baby!

I miss you all and can't wait to see what you have been up too.  I hope work can be patient with me as I   slowly get back into my groove.

21 comments:

Vix said...

Welcome home, darling! Thank goodness for blogging, it's the perfect way to relive your trip and focus that jet-lagged brain! Your pictures are wonderful, you look so cute next to that telephone box even if you definitely aren't from London!!! Love what you did there!!!!
That pub fish and chips didn't look too bad at all and the hotel was so posh, just as well we didn't meet you there, they wouldn't have let us in!!
Queen Liz has poster hangers and is all ready to be hung in prime position. Loved that Mr Brainwash exhibition and am always blown away by mummies!
Glad you've got some glorious sunshine, seems like a distant memory here, now.
Can't wait for part two!
Love you both madly!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I never get sick of visiting London, not sure about living there again though. I'm also not from London but was accused of being so in my local pub in the area my family have lived for 500 years! I'm so glad you loved Withnail and I - it was an epiphany when I saw it - mostly because it introduced me to Jimi. I'm so glad you have a lovely time and were blessed with some decent weather for a bit. You look so gorgeous and so colourful - I want that Queen poster now! I can't wait for the next installment! xxxx

Heather said...

Wow amazing Krista want an awesome trip you had!!! Makes me want to visit there even more! Welcome home and keep those pics coming! Love Heather

edie pop said...

I really missed you so much, but I was so happy to follow your adventures on the other girls blogs!!
I love your London reportage very much, I've been there several times and I fall in love with it since I was 9 years old, I even cried a lot on my way back home because I wanted to live there! Thank you for the beautiful Mr Brainwash exhibition photos, he's brilliant and I feel like I visited it with you!! You and Chris are amazing!!
I love you more than the Queen!

Kathi said...

Looks like you had an amazing trip! I'm so excited for both of you! Can't wait to get together with you so I can hear some of the really good stories.

Style Sud-Est said...

Hi Krista!

Welcome back! beautiful pics of London - I remember the British Museum i was blown away by the mummies - Vix is right you look so cute in pink next to the phone box in London!

Ariane xxxx

Ivy Black said...

Fab..how lovey to see what you did. I'm glad you had a wonderful time...it's not such a bad ol' place London! I love it.
That's not a bad fish n'chips at all. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip.
Heaps of lurve,
Em
xxxxx

Miss Magpie said...

I can't wait to see the rest of your U.K posts.
I love going to London, wouldn't want to live there but right now I can jump on a train and be there in 40 mins so it's perfect!
Oh and thank you for bringing the weather with you!

Melanie said...

For me the photo of you sitting on the fence sums up how I see you in London - a huge beautiful orb of colour and light among the monochromatic (but stunning!) architecture. I'm so glad you and Chris has a wonderful time and had fair weather.

Victoria said...

Never been to London or overseas for that matter. Looks like a awesome trip. Love museum pics your took, that alone, well besides the pubs and natives makes it all so enticing.

Bella Q said...

Ah, I've been waiting sooo long for this post! I knew you'd have a great time, and loved looking at Vix's and other bloggers post about your meet up. What a great trip- and so happy you're sharing!

Helga! said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Ah,so glorious! I knew you'd have a grand time!KNEW IT!
These pix are amazing,I love seeing a lot of what I've seen through your eyes!
That exhibition is STUNNING! Gawd,I'd love to check that out in person,it's right up my alley!The Queen and the horse are my faves...
So happy you're back all safe and sound froma humdinger of a holiday!We're planning on going next year...I'm sure you and Chris could make it again...?!
Love YOU!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Great pictures! It really looks as though you enjoyed your trip! I've really enjoyed seeing Vix's posts on your visit and can't wait to see more of your pics :))

Joni said...

Welcome back to the Pacific NOrthwest! We've held on to summer just for you. ;)
These photos look so good, I'm truly thrilled that you had this experience. Someday me too!

Bella Morte said...

Oh wow! I'm so glad that you and Chris had a great time here in England, I enjoyed Vix's update posts about your antics very much especially the lake district pictures! These photos are awesome, the last time I went to London was when I was around 12 years old! I wouldn't mind going again sometime in the future as the British Museum looks really interesting! I really don't know how you managed to squeeze so much into 2 weeks! You must be completely knackered! I bet the Londoners didn't know what to make of this cheerful, smiling, bright colourful American woman hahaha! I can't wait to see your Bath and Stonehenge pictures! Bath is one of my favourite places! :D xoxo

Perdita said...

I love London (which is just as well really) tried living outside it for a while but came back!

What pub was that last photo? I think I recognise it but can't quite place it (also it does Landlord which is a good reliable pint).

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed our great city - someone's been watching 'Withnail and I' I see!
x

Nikki @ Penelope Cat Vintage said...

Wow, it looks like you had an amazing time! That exhibition looks fantastic too. I've not been to London for ages, I really should go and do it properly.

Nikki x

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh I LOOOVE these pics - it makes me want to get on the next plane to the UK! Parliament building is AMAZING and I love all of the fabulous ART! You look so beautiful and I'm so glad you had fabulous weather - I'm so glad this trip was everything you hoped for!!! Love! Sarah xxx

Nerd Burger said...

How cute do yo look in front of that phonebooth? Amazing.
The weather looked perfect for your trip YAY!!!!!

Nat said...

Yay! So glad the whole trip went well and you got to see many things and experience a bit of the UK... even the weather was good in London :-)