Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Soul Sisters

A recent quote from a professor at a high school graduation summed up how meeting Vix made me feel.  Here is the quote.
"Even if you're one in a million, on a planet of 6.8 billion that means there are nearly 7,000 people just like you." 
I had the pleasure of meeting someone I consider to be my 1 in 7000, Vix from Vintage Vixen.
 I was a bit nervous on the train ride up, anticipation filled me with butterflies.
Chris always seems to keep his cool.  But as soon as we met it was as if we had always known each other.  It kinda breaks my heart that there are 4000 + miles between us.
 Even Chris and Jon got along fabulously.
I miss you girl, I miss ya bad.
  Vix and Jon made us feel so at home in theirs and that was truly special!  Each morning we had tea and then coffee. Vix even let me use her most adorable mug.
 Aren't they cute even at 9 in the morning!
 Jon is a master in the kitchen (his pizzas the night before still have me drooling) and we were treated to bacon sandwiches for breakfast.  Yes, I said BACON sandwiches.  This is where my love affair with HP brown sauce began.
No pictures can really share the warm vibe their house has.  Vix really has the touch when it comes to decorating.  Their home could be featured in any high end home magazine.  It just oozed style!
 That red coat in the corner was her grandfathers ~almost everything has a story.
 I loved this wallpaper in the entry way.
 The house even has a name Stonecroft!
 Our first day out we sat in the garden drinking cider and carrying on.  I love this space.
 Gilbert was a sight for sore eyes, I felt like we were old friends too.
We had a kick ass time meeting both Liz's and Al and Adrian for drinks and dinner.  (Photo pinched from Vix)
I about died when Liz (sandwiched between me and Vix) presented me with this gorgeous handmade bag.
 PEETEE!
 Check out how talented she is here.
 If the truth be told, this gift got me crying a bit.  Thanks LIZ!
After a few drinks we had the most fabulous curry. I miss all of you so much right now.
The following day was also a huge success. I just loved meeting all you gals and bringing a bit of color to Walsall.  The dress Curtise was wearing was jaw dropping good!  Louise also had on a cute rockabilly one.
 Second to None was a highlight and I can't wait to wear my new dress.  See what Lucy bought!
 I know, I know, it had been waiting for me all its life!
 At $20 quid it was a steal!  I bought a few more too that are just as cute and I can't wait to show them off.
 I hated seeing the day end and can't wait for another run.
I also got a sweet package from Em at Ivy Black Cat Chat.  I wish I could have met ya dear.
 I love this flower ring and bracelet.
 A beautiful blue beaded necklace too.
 Lucy surprised me with this sweet Welsh tea towel.  I'll have you know she also read that long word to me and it was absolutely as beautiful as she was!
Clare gave me a sweet headband in my favorite colors.
and Annie sent me this killer Union Jack lippy holder with a pink Barry M in it!  It will always remind me of my trip!
Next we headed to Liz and Adrian's for the most delicious Moroccan feast.  Adrian is friggin fantastic in the kitchen, and a real British cowboy!  I'd love to take him out shooting a real gun.  Liz reminds me of Laura Fraser from Lip Service, who I have a huge crush on ;p  Your gorgeous Liz!
The dinner was amazing and the conversation easy. (Photo pinched from Vix)
The next day Chris and I headed off to Edinburgh for a few days before hooking up with Jon and Vix again in the Lake district.  I must say that city is a gothic girls dream and I have a little bit of goth in me so I loved it!!!

43 comments:

THE BIG MAMA INTROSPECTION said...

WOW, i can't find word in english but hey Ladies you are beautifull !!!
I could kill for one of this chinese lady's velvet painting.

Kisses from France.

Ollie

edie pop said...

This post moved me deeply..such amazing words,people and places and Vix and Jon and all the other amazing girls!
What a fabulous time you had, I'm sure that our bloggers community is a kind of secret cult made of flowers, colourful clothes and big hearted women!
I love everything, your new dress,all the presents and Liz's Peetee bag is wonderful!

And of course:I love you more than England!!

Big hugs and kisses!!!!

Vix said...

I wish that it was this time a fortnight ago so much, I want to relive every second of your company. I've been welling up scrolling through these pictures and reading your sweet words. I miss you both so much. Come back!!!!!
It was a week ago today that we climbed that mountain...where has the time gone???
Dying to see you in that frock again, it really was the most perfect dress for you ever, which is saying something 'cos you look totally amazing in everything!!!
How pissed do we look in Wetherspoons (Clare especially)?
Emma and Annie's gifts were so well chosen, what a shame they couldn't be there with us...maybe next time?
Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heather said...

Thank goodness for blogging!! and you two were able to meet ~Such wonderful pictures, it is one thing to take a vacation somewhere but mixed with meeting such special people it really makes it priceless! Whoa love your new dress and look at all those presents that purse is amazing!! ~What a trip! Love Heather

Annie said...

I hoped you'd bring the sunshine with you, and you did! So glad to hear you had such a great trip. Vix really is even more lovely and warmhearted than on her blog, and I've loved reading about your adventures. I was sorry to miss you, but next time...xxx

Bella Morte said...

I just love getting to see pictures of the inside of Vix's house, it is such a eclectic mix of taste and style - I told her it should be features in a home style magazine once too! I bet it would be a huge hit! Vix has so many wonderful looking friends and she really knows how to enjoy herself! You've gone home with so many good memories and this post only covered a few days! Jon and Chris look like best buds in these pictures, so cute! You should have totally smuggled a bottle of HP sauce home with you! I can't believe that Peetee bag, that was such a lovely kind hearted thing to do and she couldn't have chosen a more perfect picture of Peetee! I can't wait for your next post! Sandy xoxo

menopauselsupermodel said...

wow--what a wonderful time you all had!! I'm sitting here in my boring work being bored and lamenting my boring life out here in the boonies. Oh well--I can live vicariously through all of you wonderful bloggers!!

The Pugnacious Vegetarian said...

I am so glad you had a great time! Yay! I love seeing all of your photos and yes, that dress was made for you :)

Bella Q said...

Ah, Krista- you all look so joyful, and Vix and Jon's home looks like the best kind- full of warmth, charm, character and hospitality! I am so glad you had such a great time- and even I got a little teary seeing the wonderful Peetee purse! I bet there are more UK travel plans in your future! PS Welcome back.

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I must invite myself round to Vicky's place! It looks lovely and you obviously had an amazing time. You were so wonderful and colorful, in every photo of mine you seem to light up the place and added together with the other lovely girls it was almost too much! Xxx

Lucy Nation said...

I loved reading this post. The photos are fab and so inviting. How cute are Jon and Vix at home? I'd love to see their gorgeous house. The dress is fantastic. You're right, it had been waiting for you! Some lovely bloggy gifts too. Hope you're not feeling too much of the post-holiday blues xxx

Perdita said...

What a super weekend! It all looks fantastic. So glad you enjoyed your UK visit.

Helga! said...

Fark,this was the BEST POST EVER!
I feel a little teary, the love bewteen you and Vix is sooooo wonderful! But what comes to you is due to what you put out, and I knw from my experience with you that you put out tremendous love and scrummy vibes, so it's no wonder you had the most amazing time with all those lovely LOVELIES!
I love HP sauce too! It's great with chips...and cheese on toast...and good quality sausages! Hope you took some home!
L:ove madly,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Joni said...

This is such a heavenly scrumptious post!! Look at that amazing bag you got as a gift! Wow, nowhere else on earth...I'm smiling over these photos...I have to go back and look some more!

Nerd Burger said...

DUDE!!! What a trip you had with her. I love all the bright dresses are wearing. You must have had so much fun. What does HP sauce taste like? Looks gross. :)

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Krista, I have tears reading this post and looking at these beautiful photos of what will be an unforgettable trip! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing everything you experienced on your trip. It was everything and more!! Vix and Jon are a beautiful couple and I can't believe you got to grope Vix every-frickin-day!!!!! The meet-up is just so goddamn surreal and I think I pee-ed myself a little bit at the sight of that INCREDIBLE frock!!! I can see you wearing this glory all winter with long sleeves underneath to keep you warm:)). Oh my darling Peetee is a star! I just want to hug you!!!!! Thank you so, so much! LoveyoumorethanbaconsandwicheswithHPSaucewhichisafuckingLOT!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox

Mama Wolf said...

Oh my! this looks like such fun! The dress you swooped up is radical too!

xoxo Mama Wolf.

Trees said...

Oh wow - this is so fantastic! I am glad you and Vix got on so well, I really wish I could have been there too!! I hope it won't be too long until your paths cross again. Also - I can't wait to see you rock that frock!

one denim bird said...

Oh my, you sure have had the best time with the BEST people!!! I have a serious case of "blogger gal pal meet up" envy xoxox

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Both your and Vix's posts do make heartwarming reading you know! I really do love blogging, and have met so many like minded people through it - your story just goes to show that miles don't matter :)

CityScape Skybaby said...

Loved reading this Krista and looking at all your beautiful photos. The bag with pics of you and Peetee is such a lovely prezzy, no wonder you felt teary. And that dress does look very "you", I love how even the ribbon tie is multi coloured. I feel sad for you and Vix being so far apart now! xx

Nat said...

Ahhhh! It is so lovely to see you all so happy together :-) The love and friendship just beams out from the photos...

Sian Lile said...

i love this post and all the photos! how great that you all met up!! (i am not keen on brown sauce)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

buy tramadol without prescriptions buy tramadol cheap - buy tramadol overnight cod

Anonymous said...

Hello there, You have done an excellent job.
I'll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this web site.

Feel free to surf to my weblog; Modcloth coupon

Anonymous said...

http://www.achildsplace.org/banners/tramadolonline/#4016 buy tramadol mastercard - buy tramadol without a script

Anonymous said...

cytotec 200 mg pfizer - buy mtp kit misoprostol + mifepristone - misoprostol to buy

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol overnight shipping order tramadol online mastercard - buy tramadolultram

Anonymous said...

Buy Tramadol Online buy tramadol overnight - tramadol buy

Anonymous said...

order lipitor no prescription needed or seroquel online bestellen or abilify online pharmacy

Anonymous said...

It's perfect time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this put up and if I may just I desire to counsel you few interesting issues or tips. Maybe you can write subsequent articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more issues about it!

My web page ... http://bestmoneysavingdeals.com/online-shopping-for-kids-clothes

Angela Navejas said...

Nice Info! There are many women who are using abortion pills because they don't want to get an abortion by operation.

Best Online Pharmacy Store in USA | MTP Kit for Abortion in USA

Blogger said...

Want to watch live sex webcams? Take a look at BongaCams.