Tuesday, December 4, 2012

New friends & naughty Santa

As I mentioned yesterday I met Cristi, of Kiss Me Kitty, for coffee in my favorite neighborhood (hers) the Hawthorne district.  Hawthorne street is filled with unique one of a kind shops, tons of bars, coffee houses & restaurants and some really good thrift shops.  It is home to my favorite pizza joint, taco shop and Red Light Clothing Exchange. I always find something here but today we both got more than we bargained for.
Meet my new friend Cristi :) She is a pint size spit fire of a girl and it was so nice spending a few hours together talking and shopping!  The RLCE had a band playing called Funky Boys, their motto is Keep Portland Queer!  They were so entertaining, and made me want to spend my money for reals!
The lead singer up top was wearing a leopard thong underneath his see through green plastic shorts.
Live and let live, that's my motto!
 This is not like any Santa I ever saw at the mall
 but who knows what Santa's up too when he's not working ;) apparently stepping on babies!
 They did a pretty cool rendition of "It ain't none of yo' business by Salt and Pepper
I even had some luck finding a few things and I will tease you with these shots.



P.S.  Tortilla soup is super easy to make and there are a bazillion recipes for it.  Here is my crock pot version.  For all my non meat eating friends just skip the chicken part.  Add the following to your crock 
2) can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1) can of corn (drained)
1) can of whole black beans (drained)
1) can of chili beans (drained)
1) can of tomato sauce
1) can of beer any beer will do
1) packet of any taco seasoning (and anything else you'd like to spice it up)
3) uncooked chicken breasts
Cook on low for 5 hours.  Then shred the chicken while it's still in the pot and cook for 2 more hours on low.  Top with cheese, sour cream, a bit of cilantro and crushed tortilla chips.  I love using my crock pot in the winter, so easy and it make's the whole house smell yummy!

21 comments:

Vix said...

What an amazing day! I love fat Santa killing that doll and that man in the fabulous hot pants' legs!! Cristi is so teeny and cute and I'm dying over your purchases, psychedelic, flowers and ric-rac, be still my beating heart!
The soup sounds delicious, that's definitely one to try. Thanks for sharing!
Love you! Only 3 more days to go! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edie pop said...

Wow!!This is how I exactly imagine my own private Santa:naughty,naked and wearing heels, you and me could be his perfect elves!Such a great fun and your day out with Cristi was awesome!I love Portland too and I love all the dresses you find, I can't wait to see how they look, the prints are wonderful and the floral black one has the most lovely corset top!
I love you more than queer Rudolph!
xxxxx

menopauselsupermodel said...

OMG--I am traumitized by Santa Moobs (man-boobs)
ROFLMBO looks like you had a blast!!
and the peeks of your new goodies are intriguing....the peeks of Santa's goodies not so much!!

I'm going to make your soup this weekend--anything in a crock pot makes me happy!!
hugz!

pastcaring said...

OMFG, that band is hilarious! Fat Santa stomping on the baby in high heeled boots is a sight to behold! Very festive! You didn't sit on his knee, did you? The Funky Boys lead singer isn't cracking a smile, is he? Maybe his green plastic hot pants are too tight... Bit sweaty too, I bet!
Anyway, let me move away from the crazy band, and say hello to new pal Cristi! You look like you had a real laugh together. And I am DYING to see the full story on the things you bought - beautiful prints and colours and ric rac too, there is much to love there!
Tortilla soup - I'm on it, this weekend, sounds delicious! xxxx

Louise Mc said...

Oooh, is that a Dirndl I spy? I do love a dirndl, I really need to find the opportunity to wear mine. Love the half nikkid santa, what a way to brighten up the day lol. Xx

Ivy Black said...

Hahahahahaha! I love Fat Santa, he's wicked. That's what I want in my Father Christmas.
Glad you had such a good time with Cristi. What a laugh and lovely buys.
xxxxxxxxxx

Milex said...

yeah!

Perdita said...

Naked Santa is brilliant. He actually looks slightly like someone I know... but they wear a bit more LOL!

Annie said...

This is such a funny post! That band look like an absolute blast!

What a great day that sounds. It's fab to meet up with new friends, and Cristi looks a cutie and good fun too.

Look forward to hearing more about your finds. xxx

Helga! said...

Holy Shitbox, that band is my cup o' tea!! YEAH! Fat Santa, squash that BABY!!! I love mad performers! I just saw a local band the other night who were all crazy dressed up and screechy and fun, I'll be seeing them again!
YAY to meeting new bloggers,and OMG, a dirndl!! O, the other snippets of goodness are killing me...can't wait to see what you got!!!!
Yum, that tortilla soup recipe is coming home with me, I might make it this weekend!!!
Love madly! XXXXXXXXXXX

PinkCheetahVintage said...

So cool to meet another blogger & hang out shopping & what not. But, seriously, Santa in his man panties is all I can really concentrate on in this post. He is mesmerizing, hypnotizing, he defies reason with his awesomeness. Is it wrong that I enjoy him so much? He actually tempts me to celebrate Christmas.

Veshoevius said...

Hahaha! The Santa is too funny!

thorne garnet said...

Well, that looked like fun.

Misfits Vintage said...

Best sentence ever: 'The lead singer up top was wearing a leopard thong underneath his see through green plastic shorts.'

What a fantastic place - I would love it! Love the gorgeous girl in the background with her furry boots - and creepy Santa's boots are also pretty fab.

Can't wait to see your new treasures - love BOTH of the sneak peeks! LOVE! Sarah xxx

Joni said...

OH God, that Santa can't fit down any chimney I've ever seen. Actually, he looks very authentic really, I've just never seen one with his red suit off. ;)

Hollie said...

that's my kinda Santa!!

Miss Simmonds Says said...

Ermahgerd!!! I would've loved to have been there!!! It looks hilarious. I want a big gay Santa in stockings and stilettos to terrorise Wycombe. You look like you're having such a laugh. Come on, show us what you bought!!! I'm intriged xxxxxx

Cristi said...

OMG, that was so much fun-can't wait for our next play date!:)

Many people would have smiled, but then walked on. But, I knew I had met a kindred spirit when not only did you stop to rock, Krista...you sang along!:) ..."cuz, it ain't nobody's business!":D

The only way it could have been a more perfect day is if we could have added a few more of the amazing blogging gal here!:)

THE BIG MAMA INTROSPECTION said...

Oh my i want to became friend with this Santa Claus !!!!

Melanie said...

It looks as though you had a wonderful day! I wonder of that Santa is related to Bad Santa!

Nerd Burger said...

That is one sexy Santa... hehehe
What a fun day you guys had. ;)