Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Guilty pleasure

Hello 2013, it looks like we made it!  No looking back for me there is so much to look forward too and even better yet is to just be in the moment.  I started my morning with some Zumba and weightlifting, then breakfast and coffee.  I really want to stay fit and happy since for me they both go hand in hand. I also want to keep learning and keep an open mind.  I rarely share opinions here about politics or religion and that won't change either.  I don't care if we are different and disagree, that makes life more interesting.

What I will share are the things I like that I am almost too ashamed to admit ~kinda like when I used to watch Millionaire Matchmaker.  Today I have a new guilty pleasure and it's not those brown buttered salted rice crispy treats that nearly turned me into a diabetic,  nope~ its Die Antwoord and most of you won't like it.
 Ghetto fabulous!
 They came out of the Zef movement in South Africa. "Zef" means your poor but your "fancy."
 It's a word similar to chav used in the UK, white trash in the US, and bogan in Australia, but rather than being a negative term about someone else, Zef is a positive term they use to describe themselves. I like that!
 Recently, Lady Gaga asked if they wanted to tour with her, not only did they tell her HELL NO, they did a crazy video in response, complete with prawns in her privates.  I know gross huh!
  The new album Tension has not stopped playing since I got it.
 They are pretty fresh when it comes to hip hop and sound different compared to everyone else.  They are also a bit dirty, nasty and confrontational, which I kinda like too :)
 I love to play them at full volume in my car, I'm indestructible!
I really dug this video.  Let's see how many of you even watch it :)
I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year, let's get on with it shall we!

20 comments:

Ivy Black said...

Fecking brilliant! Enough said...xxxxxxxx

Joni said...

I was going to listen, honest. I went and plugged in my headphones and clicked the little button but the video is stuck. I tried! ;)
I'll have to check them out another time. I love their response to Lady Gaga!
Happy New Year Krista!

edie pop said...

I love, love Die Antwoord, Fock yeah!!
And I love you more than Yo-Landi!!!
xxxxxxxx

Trees said...

Happy New Years Krista! I'm so with you on happiness and exercise going hand in hand. I have heard of these guys, my friend Ria likes them. But so far I haven't listened to them much. I should really try and listen to more new music (other than the horrible pop music they play at the gym!)

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I've known about this lot for a couple of years and I've been indifferent but I do love this latest video. They've got a great style, I think you ought to do a Die Antwoord outfit post. Chavs aren't this inventive! well not yet...
You might like this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsaLyUTDGTo

love you!!! xxxx

Louise Mc said...

Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for them. Happy new year lovely Krista. xx

Nerd Burger said...

Another reason we are twins. I LOVE die antwoord. Their lyrics are so funny and they look fantastic. I'd love to see them live.

Kafka's wife said...

I fokken love die antwoord! Yolandi and Ninja are perfection!

thorne garnet said...

I think they live down the street. The brother looks like my brother-in-law!

menopauselsupermodel said...

anyone who disses Lady GaGa has my eternal respect. Not my cuppa musically but they are super talented!

Zumba and weights- you go girl!!! I am spazzing My way through Tai chi and drinking green smoothies!!!

rubs for Peetee!!!

Sacramento Amate said...

Breaking the rules, opening new paths in a shade of pink, yeahhhhhhh
Happy New year, dear Krista.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cristi said...

Oh Krista...I fink u freeky...that's why I love you!!;)

I missed these guys a few years ago when they played the Crystal, because I asked a friend to pick up our tickets while I was on vacation and she forgot-arg!;( I am so happy I now have a partner in funk to ask for the next time!:) This is the last band that really got me excited.

Perfect music to lift to and zumba your butt off.;) Also, their interviews are great, and worth a check out on the youtubes.

Thanks for all the pics! And, here's to Open Minds...now hit me with the Ching-Ching!!!:)

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Mwahahaha....that is hilarious! I love it. Thank you. I also enjoy very loud music in my car (a la teenage joyrider) - this will be perfect for annoying other mothers with. Yolandi is like a creepy white trash hiphop version of Vanessa Paradis!

Happy New Year to you guys xxx

New Year's Resolutions of the Stars!

pastcaring said...

Never heard of them but the video is hilarious!
Good for you, kicking off new year with Zumba and weights! Let's get this year off to a great start! xxxx

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

I love a challenge and I'm going to watch this video just cuz. But not right now. I'm going to sleep soon and I'm afraid of nightmares. :-)

I agree, too, let's get on with it, shall we?!!! Wishing you much pink in the upcoming year!!

PinkCheetahVintage said...

lolzzz
I love these guys! I remember Baby's on Fire was playing in a bar we were at (the video was on a screen) and one of my friend's was like, "Are they a joke?" and I was like, "No, they're South African rappers!" and he was all"Ohhhhhh" as if that totally explained things!
Fatty Fatty Boom Boom!!!! hahahaha

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Die Antwood's newest fan ... right HERE!!!!!!!! I love them, firstly for telling Lady Gaga to go suck shit, then the family dinner, pictures on the walls, HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWT boyz that her brother won't let her play jiggy with;). LOVE the beemer driving skills! Brick in the head - yeeeah!!! Thank you!!!!! xoxoxooxooxooox

liz said...

Oh I'm WAY into those kids! Mesmerizing. :)

lucy joy said...

Just catching up with what I've missed. I knew of these guys, but thought they were just a flash in the pan. I love this video - it's up there with Apex Twin's Windowlicker for entertainment!

I left a lengthy comment on your latest post but it failed to publish. I'll email you very soon, and in the meantime, you need to watch this, even if you'v seen it a million times like me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAt6jpBmHHM

Happy New Year Cariad

Lucy X

Melanie said...

Okay, this is the look and sound that I want to achieve! LOL!! One can always dream and have fun at least trying to dress the part. Thanks for introducing this.