Friday, February 8, 2013

Short and sweet

This week has flown by and I am so happy Friday is finally here.  This morning a white frost covered everything and turned brown twiggy trees into enchanting mystical landscapes.  Now the sun is out and people are coming to life, funny how just seeing that good ole sunshine makes you feel better.

So tomorrow is my Valentine's Day party:)  I'm cooking all day today and tomorrow.  I'm doing a taco bar with the most savory fall apart sirloin, a tortilla black bean and cheese bake with tomatoes, onions and garlic.  A piping hot pepper jack cheese and roasted red pepper dip.  Pineapple bites wrapped in brown sugar rubbed bacon.  For dessert I'm making mini red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and big ass peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips and mini Reese's peanut butter cups, served with vanilla ice cream.  OH YEAH!  Have I told you how much I adore food?  I love it! The rest I will share with you next week promise!
  I am so warm and happy in my sweater and leggings.  The white and pink one I picked up at Forever 21 for $10.
 I'm also wearing my hat made just for me by Cristi at Kiss Me Kitty!
 The leopard one I found at Marshalls for $7, not bad.
 The necklace I'm wearing is my Frida one made by Tamera.
Nothing beats handmade presents made with love.  I can't wait to show my friends how much I love them tomorrow.  I wish you all could come I really really do!


16 comments:

Laura (dusty_rose) said...

I love your pink leopard sweater! Also, all of that food sounds delicious. :)

Vix said...

I do wish I could come, too but at least I got to see what you've got in store for the girls so it's pretty close!
Love your outfit, the hat is amazing. Cristi has your taste down to a tee.
I'm salivating over the tortillas, cheese and dip!
Great to speak last night, I've missed you so much!
Love you! xxxxxxxx

PinkCheetahVintage said...

The food sounds out of control delicious!!! Your friends are going to be so spoiled and happy!! I wish I could come-- I already know what I would bring... A huge batch of my homemade Sangria lolzzzz! It's a deep red color so it would go with the food and match all the decor!
Love the pink leopard sweater!
Have fun tomorrow!
Becky :)

edie pop said...

How amazing would be to be' at your awesome party!!!!!
I'm dreaming of being there having lot of fun and eating all the delicious food you are going to prepare !!
This outfit is perfect for a cold freezing day, the pink of your sweater is the secret to fight winter sadness!
Have a wonderful weekend
I love you more than cupcakes!!!

Ivy Black said...

I'd love to come as well...PARTY!!
You look wondrous wrapped up for cold weather...love it., 'specially the hat.
You are blooming fab you are.
Em
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Nat said...

My mouth is watering at the thought of your party menu... wow! That's all sounds VERY tasty :-) Lucky party goers!
Hope you have a fab time... looking forward to reading all about it!

pastcaring said...

Oh I would so love to come and hang out with you and the gals, Krista! And boy would I stuff my face, that food sounds delicious!
You look perfectly YOU in this outfit - pink, turquoise, leopard, boots, fur, leggings, cosy, cute and sexy. Yep, all trademark Krista elements present and correct! And speaking of presents - you are right, a handmade gift from a friend is a special thing indeed.
Hope your party is fabularse, darling - I know it will be! Take a ton of pics so we can enjoy it too! xxxxxx

menopauselsupermodel said...

You look fabulous in your pink leopard and leggings and adorable pink sweater!!!
Your menu sounds absolutely scrumptious!!!! I'll bet Peetee is excited to be partying!!!

xStroutx said...

Oh my God, just the descriptions of the food you're making have me drooling!!! That sweater is perfection on you.

Heather said...

Wow everything sounds so delish!! Have a great time at your party ~is there really anything better than celebrating love and friendship!! Love the pink and white sweater so cute ~Love Heather

Trudie said...

I'm salivating at the thought of what you have on the menu for your party. Og goodness how I could devour it all. I hope your party is uber fun and fabulous. You do look especially cosy in that jacket, as well as cute and fabulous.

Miss Simmonds Says said...

Your menu sounds totally and utterly amazing, I want to fly over just to taste that pineapple and bacon! Yo look gorgeous, everything is deliciously Krista pink.. apart from the cyan leggings that look perfect with it. The cardi is very you and look nice and cosy. Definitely needed here, it's freezing!! Also Ilurve the necklace Tamera sent you, she's lovely! xxx

CityScape Skybaby said...

Mmm that food sounds so good Krista, I would be the guest sitting in the corner just eating everything in sight, I absolutely love buffet food. Hope you all have a fantastic time! xx

Bella Q said...

You are glorious- and that pink faux fur hat is 100% awesome.

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh that leopard sweater is MAGNIFICENT! And yay for Tamera's amazing Friday pendants! I want ALL of those dessert please!

Sarah xxx

My name is Peggy Sue said...

Dear! Sacramento (Mis papelicos) talk about you! im a pink cracy lady too!!! please to meet you and sorry my bad english please! kissssssssssssssssssssss from Spain!!!!