Monday, April 7, 2014

I'll carry the sun in my hand for you

Good Morning WORLD!  Today I am elated to announce our warmest day of the year so far, hello 70's.  I hope for a nice long lay in the sunshine after work. That last sentence makes me laugh so I'm leaving it:) Hey, I even shaved my legs.

This weekend was filled with so much heavy stuff I just want to put it away for now.  I don't think I have ever felt this emotionally drained.  I'm counting the days until my sister arrives on April 17th, my Dad's birthday.  Without the love and support of my family and friends I would be in a very dark place.  Now more than ever I need good times to help take my mind off of death so that I can return to my Dad happy and strong.   We still have some tough days ahead.
 I also need some clothes to make me feel good.  This outfit was getting so much love on Friday!
 The leggings are Kiss Me Kitty of course and the dress is made from up cycled bits.
 I even got recognized as Betty Lou's mermaid at Pip's Donuts, I'm a celebrity people!
 I won't let it go to my head.
  Even cats like me and I am not a cat person.
 Unlike my my sister from another mister, who is part feline herself.

 Sunday we hung out again this time with our boys and burgers and beer were involved.
 My new thrifted bag.
 Cristi said she dressed up extra wild just for me.
 I loved her hair!
 Some more fabulous KMK!
 We went for a nice walk on Mount Tabor.  These dogs were too cute to walk past.  They are buddies.


 Portland's drinking water.
 It felt so good to be outside breathing in the air and feeling the pounding of my own heart.
 Feeling pretty has its own healing effect.
  So does being silly.



 and stopping to notice a gorgeous magnolia in full bloom
 and walks with friends.

I hope you all know how much your advice and kind words about my Dad I am taking to heart.  My strength comes from knowing I'm not alone in my grief and heartache and being very grateful for the wonderful life I have.

15 comments:

Tamera Wolfe said...

I see you are busting out some "cheeky" Helga poses!!!

You must be a sensation in real life..A ray of joy and sunshine!!

Keeping you and yours in prayer during this time.

Sending sunshine belly rubs to Peetee from his east coast bitch and homie!!!

Kari S said...

Supposed to hit 78 one day! SEVENTY EIGHT!! I got the widows open right now, feels so good! I love the upcycled skirt and the new purse, gimme!! Its aweeesommmee! Glad you got to have some uptime, you're smart enough to know you need it!

Carina Rosenholm said...

Such glourious colours you bring us ! That pink hat is great and suits your really well.
nice as by the way..... lol !
Strenght and love !

Vix said...

What a fantastically upbeat post! So glad you managed to squeeze in some fun and me time 'cos you deserve it.
What can I say about that magnificent upcycled rara skirt and the killer leggings? Bloody gorgeous. the hat rocks, too.
Cats have a evil habit of winning even non-feline lovers around in the end. That shagadelic puss is a beauty and so's half kitty Cristi!
That dog is bastard massive.
Love you lots! xxxxxx

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

Hi sweetie!!! Yes, you should be silly, giggle with your sister, pet strange kitties and dogs, throw up your skirt, and hike until your heart beats faster. All this will help sustain you, right? Portland looks gorgeous (and so do you and Sis). I've been to that reservoir place- it's beautiful!!

I still haven't sent your package or modeled the necklace in a picture (although I've worn it, much to my delight). I won't forget though, Just don't hold your breath because you'll turn blue and pass out. We don't want that.

I love you. XXXXOOOO

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Your up-cycled skirt is so lovely!! And I love Cristi's braids. Fantastic purse, too. Such pretty pics <3 <3

Trees said...

I'm sorry that you're going such a tough time - but this post is really joyous! You two are fabulous xoxo

freckleface said...

Well hello there celebrity from Portland, Ohio! Lovely to see you twirling in your fab outfit, love that skirt. Did you get your lay in the sunshine I wonder...fresh air is possibly one of the most healing things there is, always makes me feel better. You will come over to the feline side, you will! Keep your chin up Kristalicious! Xxxxx

Natalia Lialina said...

So much fun and joy here! You both look fantastic - pretty and creative! I am in love with your skirt, great job on it! Anna (my daughter) wants to wear your wardrobe, just so you know - you've got another fan here! :)

Enjoy the sunshine, my dear! Lots of hugses and love your way!

pastcaring said...

And I hope YOU know how much we are all thinking about you, and that you are receiving all the loving vibes being sent your way!
You're so right; in order to survive this time and have energy and strength to offer your dad, you need respite and fun and friends. Thank goodness you have Catwoman Cristi right there for playtimes, walks, fabulous leggings, and arse-flashing fun! Nina just looked over my shoulder and said your leggings are "epic"! And she laughed at you showing your bum; I told her how great it was to see you flash your pants in person!
Look at that gorgeous little lacy ruffled upcycled number, so pretty.
Love that little fringe on your pink cardigan too. Looking good, babe!
Cats know when people don't like them much, I'm convinced they make a beeline for those folk for sheer devilment!
Love you darling! xxxxxxxx

thorne garnet said...

yeah to prancing and hiking with friends. Yeah to being silly and goofy!

Ivy Black said...

You are a blast of sunshine you are!
So much good stuff and I love that yo are upbeat. Hurrah for fresh air, sunshine, upcycling leggings and hanging out and twirling.
Have a big hug from me,petal.
xxxxxxb

daiseedeb said...

Love the ruffly dress! My favorite on you!
You always bring me such happy vibes!
I love Portland. I have spent lots of time over there through the years, as I husband was raised there and has family there. Washington Park is my favorite. Thank you for reminding me of it's unique beauty!
xoxo
d

Forest City Fashionista said...

I smiled ear to ear all the way through this post - it was great to see you twirling and flashing with your darling Cristi, who looks damn fab in her circle braids and optical illusion leggings. I love when friends say they "dressed up" just for me.

Congrats on being recognized - it's kind of awesome, isn't it! So love the pink and frills of your first outfit, and any post that includes you, a cat and doggies is brilliant in my book.

Keep hanging in there, soaking up the love and support from friends and family, and know you're thought of often.

Ariane Lasalle said...

you are right when it gets tough bring on the colors and crazyness ! I'm just starting to feel better some days, but it's tough!
I'm happy for you that you have such a good friend like Cristi - I love how she dressed wild just for you !

Take care Krista, i will get back into blogging as soon as i feel up to it!

Arianexo